A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Lunch.
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- 1 chicken breast, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- ¾ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 5-6 asparagus spears
- 5-6 slices of red bell pepper
- Smart Carb
- 1½ cups sweet potato slices
- Healthy Fat
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ an avocado
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Lettuce to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Grease a pie dish with 1 tsp of olive oil (or line with baking paper).
- Wash and scrape the skins off the sweet potato. Slice into rings and layer on the bottom of the pie dish. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Chop the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms, then the red pepper into 1 cm strips, and set aside.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the remainder of the olive oil into it. Add the chicken breast pieces and fry until cooked. Add the sliced mushrooms and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove the pie dish from the oven. Crack 6 eggs into a bowl and whisk (using a fork or whisk). Season the whisked eggs with salt and pepper and mix.
- Add the chicken and mushroom mix to the pie dish, evenly spreading it over the potato. Pour the whisked egg into the dish next.
- Place the asparagus spears and red pepper strips around the pie dish. Bake for a further 20 – 25 minutes, until the egg has set.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve with some lettuce and ½ an avocado.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).