A delicious healthy recipe by Lifestyle Chef Izelle Hoffman.
- Recommended for: Lunch
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 1 Women’s portion (for men, just double up ingredients – see full portion control guide here).
- Protein (1 palm)
- 1/2 can of drained butterbeans or Chickpeas or 100g Tofu
- Colourful Veg (1 fist)
- 1/2 Red Salad Onion
- 1/4 Red Pepper
- Smart Carb (1 cupped hand)
- 100g Steamed Butternut
- Healthy Fat (1 thumb)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2g of sesame seeds
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 3g of Freshly chopped coriander
- Pre-heat the pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Dice the onion and cut the pepper into strips (don’t throw the pips of the pepper away, fry it with the onion and pepper strips for added flavor).
- Fry the onion and pepper in the olive oil till golden brown.
- Add the butternut and butterbeans to the pan and stir.
- Mix the paprika, soya sauce and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour over the stir-fry, mix well and finish off with sesame seeds and fresh coriander by stirring it through.
- Best served immediately.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).