A delicious healthy recipe by Lifestyle Chef Izelle Hoffman.
- Recommended for: Lunch
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 1 Women’s portion (for men, just double up ingredients – see full portion control guide here).
- Protein (1 palm)
- 1/2 can of drained butterbeans or Chickpeas or 100g Tofu
- Colourful Veg (1 fist)
- 1/2 Red Salad Onion
- 1/4 Red Pepper
- Smart Carb (1 cupped hand)
- 100g Steamed Butternut
- Healthy Fat (1 thumb)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2g of sesame seeds
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 3g of Freshly chopped coriander
- Pre-heat the pan over medium heat with olive oil.
- Dice the onion and cut the pepper into strips (don’t throw the pips of the pepper away, fry it with the onion and pepper strips for added flavor).
- Fry the onion and pepper in the olive oil till golden brown.
- Add the butternut and butterbeans to the pan and stir.
- Mix the paprika, soya sauce and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour over the stir-fry, mix well and finish off with sesame seeds and fresh coriander by stirring it through.
- Best served immediately.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
"Falling off the wagon"
What if it was actually an important part of the journey?
Let us show you how to turn failure into the most valuable feedback ever.