A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Lunch
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portions (see full portion control guide here).
- The portions in this recipe are a little more on the lower-carb and higher-fat side compared to our standard portion control guide.
- Feel free to increase the carbs (corn) and decrease the fat (oil / seeds / olives) if you would prefer something more balanced.
- Otherwise, give it a try as the meal is and see how you feel. A bit of experimentation and flexibility in your nutrition plan is a good thing.
- 2 tins tuna in brine
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (red and green)
- Smart Carb
- 1 cup baby corn, roughly chopped
- Healthy Fat
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (1 tbsp for cooking, 2 for drizzling)
- 4 tbsp seed mix of your choosing (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, sesame etc)
- 8-10 pitted olives
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Start by preparing the vegetables and tuna. You can either buy prepacked shredded cabbage or you can chop up some whole cabbage with a knife (as finely as you can). Then, chop the baby corn into pieces, roughly ½cm or so, and set aside in a separate bowl. Drain the brine from the tins of tuna, and set the tuna aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of the avocado oil into the frying pan over medium heat. Add the shredded cabbage, salt and pepper and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Time to plate up – divide the cabbage mix equally among 4 plates. Then add ½ a tin of tuna to each plate, over the cabbage. Next, throw in a few pieces of baby corn (approximately 10-12 chopped pieces per plate). Spoon 1 tablespoon of seed mix, and add 2-3 olives, to each plate.
- Drizzle another ½ teaspoon of avocado oil per serving, over the assembled ingredients, and garnish with fresh coriander (if using).
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).