A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portions (see full portion control guide here).
- Medium sized frying pan (around 26cm) with lid.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- Smart Carb
- Fruit of your choice (4 cupped hands)
- Healthy Fat
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Begin by peeling and chopping ½ an onion, and then chop the 3 tomatoes and set aside until needed.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and fry until translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato, salt, black pepper and cayenne (if using) to the pan, and stir well. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the tomato softens.
- Crack one egg at a time into the pan, placing each egg separately around the pan. Season each egg with a pinch of salt. Cover the pan with the lid, and cook until your desired yolk consistency is reached. (Approximately 3-4 minutes for the egg white to set and yolks to remain runny. If you prefer firmer yolks, keep cooking for a further few minutes until the yolk is to your liking.)
- Remove from the pan using a spatula to serve up each egg along with some of the sauce, and serve with a portion of fruit of your liking (strawberries, kiwi, or grapefruit work well with this).
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
"Falling off the wagon"
What if it was actually an important part of the journey?
Let us show you how to turn failure into the most valuable feedback ever.