A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portions (see full portion control guide here).
- Medium sized frying pan (around 26cm) with lid.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- Smart Carb
- Fruit of your choice (4 cupped hands)
- Healthy Fat
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Begin by peeling and chopping ½ an onion, and then chop the 3 tomatoes and set aside until needed.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan, over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and fry until translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato, salt, black pepper and cayenne (if using) to the pan, and stir well. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the tomato softens.
- Crack one egg at a time into the pan, placing each egg separately around the pan. Season each egg with a pinch of salt. Cover the pan with the lid, and cook until your desired yolk consistency is reached. (Approximately 3-4 minutes for the egg white to set and yolks to remain runny. If you prefer firmer yolks, keep cooking for a further few minutes until the yolk is to your liking.)
- Remove from the pan using a spatula to serve up each egg along with some of the sauce, and serve with a portion of fruit of your liking (strawberries, kiwi, or grapefruit work well with this).
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).