A delicious healthy recipe by Lifestyle Chef Izelle Hoffman.
- Recommended for: Replacing any meal, but super convenient for a quick and healthy breakfast.
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Serves: 1 Women’s portion (for men, just double up ingredients – see full portion control guide here).
- This recipe doesn’t include any vegetables compared to our usual Healthy Meal Template recommendations and Portion Control Guide.
- Feel free to grab some quick and easy veg to snack on as a side dish, like carrots, baby tomatoes, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, cucumber, etc.
- Adding in a side of veg is a great way to make a smoothie feel more filling and substantial too.
- If you aren’t so sure about using egg whites, you could always experiment with a vanilla or unflavoured protein powder instead.
- Protein (1 palm)
- 90ml liquid egg whites or 3 egg whites
- Colourful Veg (1 fist)
- None in this recipe.
- Smart Carb (1 cupped hand)
- 1 medium fresh or frozen banana (preferably frozen)
- Healthy Fat (1 thumb)
- 1 tsp unsweetened almond butter
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp caramel essence
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- mint leaves (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend till smooth.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
"Falling off the wagon"
What if it was actually an important part of the journey?
Let us show you how to turn failure into the most valuable feedback ever.