Here’s a quick Q&A with Terri Maasburg, our first place winner in the women’s transformation category in the latest 8-week Ultimate You Challenge.
- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
So, before Sleekgeek, I was very into my training but my eating wasn’t all that great. I ate what I liked and though “Ag because I train I can”, but I was wrong.
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Transformation Challenge?
I decided to join the ULTIMATE YOU challenge to change my ways and live a healthier lifestyle.
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
I started watching what I ate. I cut out sugar and decreased my carb intake. The only carbs I ate were good carbs such as sweet potato, rice and whole wheat wraps. I increased my water intake and went from drinking 4 cups of tea every day to drinking green tea after every meal. I went from eating three big meals a day to eating 6 healthy nutritional meals.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
My training improved big time. I never had enough time in the evening to get cardio in so I just never did it but during Sleekgeek I pushed myself and woke up at 5am to get to spinning classes three times a week. In the evenings that I didn’t do spinning I did HIIT after my weight training. I became a lot more fit and had way more energy throughout the day.
- Did you take any supplements during the challenge, or anything else that helped you achieve your results?
As I was training a lot more I needed to keep my immune system going. I became religious about taking my vitamins every day. The only supplement I took was a protein shake after every workout. I tend to hold a lot of water so I took a mild water retention tablet.
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?
"Falling off the wagon"
What if it was actually an important part of the journey?
Let us show you how to turn failure into the most valuable feedback ever.