Here’s a quick Q&A with Terri Maasburg, our first place winner in the women’s transformation category in the latest 8-week Ultimate You Challenge.
- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
So, before Sleekgeek, I was very into my training but my eating wasn’t all that great. I ate what I liked and though “Ag because I train I can”, but I was wrong.
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Transformation Challenge?
I decided to join the ULTIMATE YOU challenge to change my ways and live a healthier lifestyle.
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
I started watching what I ate. I cut out sugar and decreased my carb intake. The only carbs I ate were good carbs such as sweet potato, rice and whole wheat wraps. I increased my water intake and went from drinking 4 cups of tea every day to drinking green tea after every meal. I went from eating three big meals a day to eating 6 healthy nutritional meals.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
My training improved big time. I never had enough time in the evening to get cardio in so I just never did it but during Sleekgeek I pushed myself and woke up at 5am to get to spinning classes three times a week. In the evenings that I didn’t do spinning I did HIIT after my weight training. I became a lot more fit and had way more energy throughout the day.
- Did you take any supplements during the challenge, or anything else that helped you achieve your results?
As I was training a lot more I needed to keep my immune system going. I became religious about taking my vitamins every day. The only supplement I took was a protein shake after every workout. I tend to hold a lot of water so I took a mild water retention tablet.
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?