Beef Steak with Horseradish Crème Fraiche and Roast Tomato Salsa
Write a review
- 1/3 cup of horseradish (drained or ready made)
- 1/3 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 2 gloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsb black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the horseradish with the crème fraiche in a bowl and leave it in the fridge.
- Roast the tomatoes under a hot grill, until the skin is blackened. Remove the charred bits from the heat. Put them into a small bowl and cover them to cool down for 15 minutes.
- After that add the basil, the salt and pepper and mix.
- Season the beef (sirloin or rump) with salt and pepper and brush with the olive oil.
- Use a griddle pan and sear the steaks until they are browned.
- Put the steaks in a tray and cook them in the oven until they are cooked as you prefer.
- Get them aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Re-sear the steaks in the pan and put a tablespoon of the horseradish creme on top of them.