- 1/3 cup of horseradish (drained or ready made)
- 1/3 cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 2 gloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsb black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the horseradish with the crème fraiche in a bowl and leave it in the fridge.
- Roast the tomatoes under a hot grill, until the skin is blackened. Remove the charred bits from the heat. Put them into a small bowl and cover them to cool down for 15 minutes.
- After that add the basil, the salt and pepper and mix.
- Season the beef (sirloin or rump) with salt and pepper and brush with the olive oil.
- Use a griddle pan and sear the steaks until they are browned.
- Put the steaks in a tray and cook them in the oven until they are cooked as you prefer.
- Get them aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Re-sear the steaks in the pan and put a tablespoon of the horseradish creme on top of them.
Join the Sleekgeek
Transform your body and win your share of over R100,000 worth of prizes up for grabs!
Nutrition and training plans included. Click here to sign up.