Congratulations on reaching the end of your 8 week challenge. You are a winner for taking part and remember this is a part of your journey to a sustainable healthy lifestyle.
But of course we need to find out who dominated this competition and takes the cash.
Please read the instructions below CAREFULLY so that you may have a valid entry into the final judging process.
In summary an important check-list is:
- Print out two copies of the measurement form to take with you on Saturday 4 August
- You must personally capture your measurements on the site by 5pm on Monday 6 August
- You must submit your before and after photos in one document by 5pm on Monday 6 August
Anyone failing to make submissions by 5pm on Monday 6 August will not qualify for judging.
1. MEASUREMENTS Procedure
Saturday 4 August 2012 you will report to the front desk of your regional Virgin Active announcing yourself as a Sleekgeek participant.
Measurement will happen between these TWO time slots during the day. Report there during either of those time slots. Whichever suite you best:
Between 07h00 – 10h00 (test slot 1) OR between 15h00 – 18h00 (test slot 2)
Measurements will ONLY be taken at SELECTED Virgin Active Clubs:
- Cape Town – Century City
- JHB - Old Eds
- PTA – Groenkloof
- PE – Greenacres
- Durban – Gateway
- East London
2. MEASUREMENT RECORDING AND SUBMISSION PROCESS
The ONUS of looking after the measurements and posting them on the Sleekgeek website will reside with YOU, the challenger. We cannot afford for fitness instructors to lose pieces of paper or your measurements.
You need to very importantly therefore do the following:
- PRINT OUT THIS FORM and take TWO COPIES with you on the day (CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FORM)
- Virgin Active will record your measurements on both and SIGN both copies
- Virgin Active will retain one copy for our Sleekgeek verification purposes
- YOU will take one copy home with you
- It is then your job to accurately capture your measurements on this page so that they go into the Sleekgeek database.(CLICK HERE TO CAPTURE YOUR MEASUREMENTS)
DEADLINE: Since we understand you may only have work Internet access we are happy for these to be captured into the system by 5pm Monday 6 Aug, 2012
3. PHOTO Requirements
These photos are taken and submitted by you and not Virgin. You will need someone to help you.
- Men: 3 photos are required – Front, Back and side (In the shortest shorts you own)
- Ladies: 3 photos are required – Front, Back and side view (In a bikini. ps – only the judges will see your pics) PLUS 3 photos of yourself of front,side and back in TIGHT fitting clothes like Lycra gym kit for example.
Why different for the ladies?
No matter how well they do many of the ladies do not like semi-naked photos of them on the web, so if you have before and after photos with TIGHT clothes we can see a noticeable difference to show the world should you win.
NOTE: WE PROMISE WE WILL NEVER USE PHOTOS SUPPLIED BY YOU ON THE PUBLIC INTERNET UNLESS SLEEKGEEK HAS YOUR EXPRESS PERMISSION TO DO SO.
DEADLINE: All “before” photos to be submitted by 5pm Monday 6 August, 2012.
Photos must be submitted to Sleekpics@gmail.com
PLEASE submit both your before and after photos in one comparative shot. Make sure you submit these in a SINGLE document (either Microsoft Word or PDF) and not zipped. This will make the judges lives MUCH easier since they have many entries to review.
Below is a perfect example of what “before” and “after” set of photos looks like in your document
4. PHOTO GUIDELINES
IMPORTANT: Photos that do not meet the following criteria may be ignored by the judges:
- Photos MUST be taken with a newspaper showing that day’s front page
- Rest newspaper on shins in front shot and ankles for back and side shots so as not to effect your pose. Or place next to you.
- Full body from ankles to top of head
- Guys wear short shorts (not to knees)
- Please use as Plain a background as possible
- Arms straight against sides (not flexed)
- No standing on tiptoes or any strange poses
- No sucking it in
- All photos relaxed, stranding straight, chin up, no breathing in
- Photos are key judging criteria so the clearer the photos you can take the better your chances
- Try keep the quality similar so not grainy photos for before and professional photos after
- Try to fill the photograph with yourself. If you stand too far away it may be hard to see your great results.
Eat clean, train dirty!
Best of luck and well done on all the hard work.